Welcome to the ICTF website
Information & Communications Technology Forum (ICTF)
Steering committee and Conference Committee, delivering conferences, meetings and other events which it believes will be beneficial to Collegiate IT Community. If you'd like to know how things work, you can read the current Terms of Reference.
The committee has three key activities to concentrate on. They are:
- ICTF for all – ensuring that ICTF recognises the diversity of staff and roles in the University, is inclusive of those staff and delivers activities of benefit right across the spectrum.
- Technical forum – providing focussed termly meetings with valuable content, organising a well-rounded summer conference, and remaining open to new possibilities such as visiting speakers from outside the university.
- Development, with IT Support Staff Service (ITS3) – organising workshops, training and seminars that provide technical and Career Professional Development (CPD) to staff at all stages of their career.
If all that sounds interesting, then there’s 3 ways you can get involved:
- Join in with the mailing list, itss-discuss (ITSS-D). Yes, there’s your typical chatter and not everything will be relevant to you, but there’s some helpful people, important information, and it’s a great way to raise your profile. In addition, there is also the new ITSS Community Teams Group.
- Come to our events and ICTF summer conference and let us know if there’s something you really want to see there. Both are advertised on itss-announce (ITSS-A) and we’re aiming to capture for everything in case you can’t make it.
- Think about putting yourself forward for the committee. If you’ve got some ideas or really want something different, then you really can make a difference. Remember – ICTF is what we, the members, make of it.
We hope that’s enough to convince you that there’s something here for you. If you’ve got more questions or ideas of your own, then by all means get in contact with one of the committee members. We look forward to seeing you at one of our events this year!